Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest discomfort, left arm and leg aching
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest discomfort, left arm and leg aching

I've been getting aches and discomfort around my hear area now for about a year. The aches also go along my left and often my left leg. It appears that the discomfort is worse at night and I find it difficult to sleep some night and it has often woken me up in a panic thinking I'm having a stroke. I play a lot of sport and am very fit, never smoked and not overweight, I'm 35 years old.

I've been to the hospital and had a heart scan ECG and they said everything looks okay, but still the pain and discomfort continues.

Any ideas what this could be? Is it maybe a torn chest muscle? Why is my left side of my body feeling it as well.

Many Thanks
Andy
29/08/07

Related Discussions
242509_tn?1196926198
This is very unlikely to be related to your heart : It sounds like the pain is located in your left chest and also the left leg.  I am not a neurologist, but this is most likely a central nervous system problem, either related to spinal cord (either in the cervical or thoracic spine), or the brain and its multiple sensory organs.  You mentioned that you have pain but do not mention any weakness or paralysis, so I assume that you do not have the symptoms.  Since she mentioned that you are very active sports you may have caused some injury to a nerve root that is causing this left-sided pain.
A torn chest muscle with likely cause a lot of pain but also weakness of the left arm and would most likely not affect her left leg.
I suggest that you seek advice unexperienced neurologist, who then may order further imaging studies depending on the findings of the physical exam.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, aches in the left leg was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank