Chest pain/SVTs when lying on left side
I have read what others have asked about chest pain and arrhythmias when lying on the left side, but mine seems worse and I wonder if it's an area of concern. I get severe chest pain and SVTs when I lie on the left.  It is not PVC's, I have those occassionally too and know what they feel like--I am talking about my heart rapidly pounding and so hard that my husband can feel it, and when it starts, it goes steady and won't stop until after I re-position.  I have tried to stay on the left and time to see how long it lasted or see if it would go back to normal, and I have waited for a minute and a half before the pain was too much and I was scared it was not going to stop.  Not occasional beats, but continuous.  I do have Mitral valve prolapse and an enlarged heart, but have never been to a cardiologist or on any kinds of medication other Premarin.  What do you guys think about this?  Should I be worried?
How do you know it is svt? Have you had it diagnosed? I have SVT but it is not triggered by laying on my left side. I do however get PVCS when laying on my left side but not SVTs. The way you have described it sounds like svt but i am not sure about the chest pain. I usually don't get chest pain with svts but everyone is different. I would request a 24 hr holter to catch the episode for a definite diagnosis :)
You may want to see a cardiologist for an examination.

Greater sensitivity to the heartbeat seems to be a frequent observation from people in that left-sided position. Heart's closer to chest wall perhaps? They do have people lie on their left side for echocardiograms.

I have mitral valve prolapse, as has my one of my best childhood pals, and we both experience a chest pain occasionally. It's a very sharp, hard pain that dissipates gradually after a few minutes. I'm told this is not unusual with MVP. My friend had been diagnosed when we were in our early teens and he diagnosed me, as having MVP too, from my description of that very pain. It was 20 years later, just a few years ago, that his youthful Dx was confirmed by a test and a real cardiologist LOL.

Exactly what is going on when you have the pain and the feeling of the SVT simultaneously is something wearing a Holter or event monitor might help nail down.

I just added to one of my threads on the anxiety forum kind of about the same thing.  I have had chest issues for over a year now and every test has come back normal.  From the start I have told my doctor that I have trouble laying on my left side now.  And I too, would lay there just to see how long this vibration type thing would happen.  Last night was the last night of my 30 day event monitor and I think I may have caught it happening.  I sent it in this morning and I think I'll see my cardio at the end of the week.  That is one of MANY events that I am going to specifically ask him about.  I also get a feeling of a metallic taste in my mouth too.  I know this could be gastro related but my GI doc has told me that it most likely isn't.  Do you get anything like this?

I don't know if it svt for me, the vibration is fast but my pulse (at my wrist) seems to stay normal.  (unless I start to panic)  It is also visual.  And very scary.  I have had three echos by two cardios, 2 say no mitral valve-1 says yes.  So I am not sure if that plays a roll in all this or not.

I hope you get to answers you need.  By the way, how were you diagnosed with mitral valve and enlarged heart?  One of my cardios said I had enlarged left atrium the other said no.  I can't go looking more because the more tests by the more techs the more varied my results will be.

Good luck to you.
I went back and re-read your post--not only is a metallic taste in the mouth a sign of digoxin toxicity, but so are visual disturbances.  I think you have blurred yellowish visual disturbances.  Since you mentioned both a metallic taste and visual disturbances, I have to ask again, are you on Digoxin?  If so, you need to go in for blood work to check your Dig levels asap.
I am 100% certain it is SVTs-as I said, I do occasionally have PVCs, and I definitely can tell the difference.  I was diagnosed 25 years ago with MVP and enlarged heart, both seen on an echocardiogram, plus I have a very pronounced heart murmur from the MVP which can be heard with a stethoscope by even an untrained ear,so there is a definite diagnosis there, but I have never had any problems except PVCs, captured on a Holter monitor about 15 years ago.  Even though it was happening frequently, there was never more than 5 or 6 in a row, so not enough to be clinically significant.  The pain and pounding when lying on my left side has just started in the last year or so--I'm currently 52.  This is a change for me, and is getting worse.  I was up in the middle of the night last night with the pain, and was searching the net, which is when I found this forum. I am hoping that someone can relate and knows what's going on.  

Metallic taste in your mouth sounds like it may come from a medication--are you on Digoxin?  A bad, metallic-like taste is a sign of digoxin toxicity.  Serious business.  Also, are you taking any kind of supplements?  Zinc can cause a metallic taste, and can also disrupt heart rhythms.  I discovered this by taking zinc-containing lozenges to fight off a cold.  I steer clear of zinc now.
I have read several comments here in the last week. I too have severe pain laying on my left side. So bad that I had only gotten a couple hours sleep each night for a week or so, until I figured out not to lay on my left side for more than a couple minutes.

I THINK I may have finally found the source. I have a LARGE hiatal hernia (in my stomach). The top of my stomach, called the FUNDUS, is also herianted and goes into my chest cavity (called thoracic). I believe that it is putting pressure on my heart, causing it to go into extreme panic mode. Or it could be whats called a strangulated hernia, where the blood supply is cut off to it. I am seeing a Dr today about what can be done. The ct scan showed this last week.
you really cannot simply say that you suffer SVTs or PVCs unless they have been diagnosed using specialist diagnostic tools and professionals. A specific feeling or what you have read about something on the internet does not mean you have it - if so we would all be ill - as our bodies give out to us all. I'm not saying you don't have any of these conditions but it would need to be assessed. Also, your G.P. should refer you to a cardiologist if he diagnosed mitral valve prolapse and an enlarged heart as these would need to be assessed and possibly treated if you feel they are symptomatic or causing you pain such as that you feel while sleeping.

Hope it gets sorted - I have similar trouble sleeping on left side but for most it is musculoskeletal