Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest pain & dizziness
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest pain & dizziness

I had been having chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, pain in the left arm and pressure with pain on the left side of the neck.  Also extreme fatigue.   I had started walking/running 5 miles 5 times a week with this all started.  
  After doing a EKG, ultrasound and a stress test (no dye), I was diagnosed with a prominent Eustachian Valve in R Atrium, Atrial Septal Aneurysm, Patent Foramen Ovale and Premature Heart Beat.  My Cardio says there is nothing to be concerned with and that I should take an aspirin a day.  I continued with the discomfort and was given a 24 monitor which showed PVC
Related Discussions

_

Dear Teresa, thank you for your question.  I cannot give you specific recommendations in the heart forum, but I can provide general information.   The Eustachian valve, atrial septal aneurysm, and patent foramen ovale are common conditions that do not need surgical correction.  I agree that a daily aspirin is appropriate, but I think that these problems are not related to your symptoms.  I suspect that you are very sensitive to PVC's so when these occur, you have chest pain, shortness of breath, and fatigue.  In your case, PVC's are most likely a benign condition that may be a nuisance, but will not be harmful.  If there is disagreement between your physicians, then I suggest that you seek a second opinion with another cardiologist.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck!
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart
Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979