Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest pain and belching

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Chest pain and belching
Since yesterday afternoon, I've been having chest pains on the left side sometimes up my neck and jaw, severe belching and nausea and upper stomach pain.  I've been diagnosed with acid reflux and take Prevacid once a day.  Last night, it hurt so bad, I took Pepto Bismol, but it hasn't stopped.  This morning, I'm getting worried that I"m having a heart attack or something.  I'm female, 54 and maybe 20 lbs. overweight.  I've had, in the past 10 years, angiogram, Thalium stress test, and many gallbladder tests that have all turned out negative.  Should I be worried?  I have high blood pressure which is very well controlled and high cholesterol, which I take Crestor for.  What's up?
Chest pain that does not go away always worries me because you have tried everything and it does not help.  It is always hard to say where it is coming from, especially in women who may present unusually.  I am not 100% convinced that this is cardiac.  But getting an EKG and some blood work would make my decision much easier.  I think you should have someone look at you today.