Heart Disease Community
Chest pain and weakness in arms

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Chest pain and weakness in arms

I woke up with chest pain last Wednesday and my arms were like rubber.  It lasted about 10 minutes.  I went in to see my internist and he ran blood work, prescribed me cholesterol and blood pressure medicine ( also daily aspirin ) and sent me to a cardiologist Friday morning.  I am scheduled for an echocardiogram  in 3 days and a stress test the following week.  My Dr called this morning to tell me that my cardiac enzymes are elevated, in addition to my kidney, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.  They want me to go to the hospital and get tests.  My Dr has a tendency to overreact.  I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!  Should I call the cardiologist for another opinion?  I just want to wait and do what the cardiologist scheduled.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, please go not sure why you are waiting or postponing things. You have chest pain and the enzymes are related, more in favor of cardiac muscle injury. The ECG should also have had positive findings. Why did they let you go in the first place. Please go to the emergency at the earliest. Take care.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
SUNRIYZMT is ...freakin out waiting o... Comment
May 28
Infowars commented on The Turbinates: What ...
May 28
suzukijax added the Blood Pressure Tracker
May 27