Chest pain with a negative cath
k4k
I had a negative heart cath on Tuesday...before letting me go home, I also had a lung scan.  I was told whenI was dishcarged, via telephone, to call this doctor to find out about my medications.  Since my cath was negative, I cann;t get in touch with this doctors office.  I have left numerouse messages and no one will call me back.  I finally got thru and the nurse said my doctor was out ofd town for 2 weeks.  She said the only thing he said was to stop the Nitro and if I had anymore chest pain, to call them.. I told the nurse I was having chest pain last pm, so what do I do now?  She said she didn't know, but because my cath was negative, it was not my heart.  So what do I do now?  Who do I need to see.  I can't get any answers from this doctor, so does anyone know where I should go from here?  When these pains hit me, the are in my chest, neck and jaw and really hurt. I just don't know what to do!!!  It's like since my cath was negative, this doctor refuses to help me any further.  Do I just sit here and hurt and see what happens?  I'm just at my wits end right now !!!!
First things most cardiologists will recommend if they don't think your problem is heart related is to refer you to a doctor for an endoscopy - a test for GERD.  Apparently, many GERD symptoms can cause CAD-like symptoms.  May be something worth looking into.  At least glad your cath came up negative - that should give you some confidence that at least your arteries aren't causing the problem.  Good luck!
hi k4k.

if i was you i would seek another opinion. i have had the same problem for the last 4 years. i have had 3 angograms, a thailum scan, a pressure wire study, 2 ultra sounds and a MRI. all they found was a 40% restriction and damage to the heart wall.

i was told it could be GERD but i have been on stomach tablets for the last 6 months and i still get the chest pain.

i was told at the beginning that i could have coronary artery spasm.

because i am young i have had to fight to try and convince the doctors that it is my heart.

you just need to keep on at them. if you get chest pain that you are worried about then phone for the ambulance. dont risk your life.

try not to worry.

hope things work out.

best regards

chris