Heart Disease Community
Chest pains. Worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Chest pains. Worried

On Friday, my back injury was hurting more than norm. I think my blood pressure went up because of the pain. I started getting hot, sweaty and headache. Later that night things started getting worse. My blood pressure still seemed high but I started get a pain in my left arm towards the inside and my left leg upper thigh along the inside also. My jaw started hurting and short of breath. I tried to relax and put a cold wash cloth on my face to cool down. I didn't go to the hospital but I'm wondering now if I should have. I felt horrible the next day. Had some pain around the breast bone and just weak. Not sure if this was something series or not. I finally went to a doctor a few days later.  He made rush to the ER because he believed I had a heart attack.   They said it wasn't a heart attack but pains in the heart wall.  I'm still not feeling like myself.  What do I do?   Any suggestion would help. I hope I explained everything well. Thanks for any thoughts.
Tags: Breast
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Angina or pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart is usually retrosternal (mid chest or slightly to the left) and is usually brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. It can radiate to the left arm and sometimes the chin, but it never radiates to the leg, so its unlikely that what you experienced is heart related. And the tests confirmed this.

If with movement you are getting pain it is likely to be an inflammation of the skin, subcutaneous tissue or the bone. This can happen with injury, repetitive activity or an infection of the skin. Sometimes it can be costochondritis, inflammation of the sternal rib junction. Sometimes the pleura, the lining of the chest cavity and lungs can get inflamed causing pain with coughing. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.