Heart Disease Community
Chest pains at 25 year old.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Chest pains at 25 year old.

I am a 25 years old female. with a BP of 113/76. a wieght of 236. i am 5'5". for the past month i have been having chest pains on the left side of the chest.  I imagine the area to be exactly where you would put you hand when saying the pledge of alligence. anyway. This chest pain occurs when i am a sleep to waking or sitting at work, it feels like pressure or heaviness. But it would pain also. but not a horrible pain that i can not bear. it pains and the heaviness makes it uncomfortable enough to notice.  i get fatigue and feel dizzy sometimes whenever it occurs. i have read online that at 25 years old  heart conditions is not seen and these things shud not pose a threat but i am worried. my whole entire family has heart problems. all have died of strokes/heart attack. My grandfather has a 4 bypass two years prior to his death. and everyone else. diabetis and cholestorol and high blood pressure is also know in my family. shud i be worried
Obviously, go to a doctor and get it checked out.  If you want relief, a doctor telling you it isn't serious does more to alleviate pain than you might think.

If it is a problem, then getting it diagnosed is obviously a step in the right direction.  A normal heart attack shouldn't be possible in a 25 year old, but the chest pain may indicate another kind of problem.

Also, learn a way to live that involves losing weight.  I have been overweight most of my life, and I really wish I had discovered that taking off weight just isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  You will go up and down over the course of your life while watching your weight, but even if you take off 10-20 lbs you will be better.  No matter what your problem is, this will give you a better quality of life.