Heart Disease Community
Chest pressure and lightheadedness

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chest pressure and lightheadedness

I'm a 54 year man who is physically active and in good shape overall with a BMI ~19.  My hypertension and cholesterol is under pharmaceutical control (diovan hct and simvastatin) and my HDL is very good.  I had a heart calcium scan last week.  My score was a total of "0"..which is comforting.  The radiologist found a couple of nodules in my lungs which are to be re-scanned in 12 months.  It was recommended for me to get a scan a couple of years ago by my family doc.  I scheduled the scan after I've had this summer a tightness and pressure on my upper chest (left pectoral area) that feels as though I lifted way too much resulting in muscle pain.  I bench press 50#'s a couple of times a week..but not consistently and not as a lifter but more to complement my running and biking that I do 5-6 times a week.  I can feel this a bit more when I run as well but it is never painful. This year I've had less energy and ability to run continuously has decreased.  I continue to work out and am not short of breath in any respect.  The past two weeks I've had some lightheaded feelings  that has been exasperated by the fight/flight response.  So..the question is, even though my Calcium score is "0", could have I still have a cardiovascular issue?  Could the nodules in my lungs relate?  I normally have my physical in the Fall. Thanks very much.