Heart Disease Community
Clogged Arteries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Clogged Arteries

Can clogged arteries make you wake up in the night with your right arm and leg feeling weak and when you get up to go to the bathroom you feel wobbly when you try to walk and weak.  Then you take an aspirin and in a couple of hours, you start getting your strength back.  My ultrasound of arteries was okay.  I passed the stress test and echo.  I was also having pain and popping in the left side of the back of my head.  I took aspirin twice a day for three weeks and that has subsided.  I also stopped eating candy, cake, and cookies.  Am trying to stay away from anything fatty.  One night I woke up after laying on my left side and there was something blocking my vision on the left side.  I got up and went to the bathroom and came back and it was still there.  When I got up in the morning I could see again.  I have had MRI/MRA, Cat Scan, blood tests and still no answers.  Also, sometimes I wake in the night covered in sweat and chilling.  Don't know if I should go back to the heart doctor or what I should do.  I got very dizzy at work and my heart started pounding after walking up to the second floor on the steps and I had just ate a fat ladened cookie which made me wonder if it could be arteries even though the ultrasound showed nothing.  I have had pain in my left shoulder and have pain in my left arm all the time.
HI I woke up one night feeling hot and dizzy and I drank a full bottlw of water and immediately felt okay.  I don't know about your left arm though.  Does seem worrying but then I am a born worrier.