Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cold medicine that WON'T cause rapid heartbeat

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia and unfortunately I also have a cold. I know many cold medicines have been known to increase heart rates and I've even been told to stay away from Nyquil because it has amphetamines in it. My question is, is there anything out there that WORKS and won't cause my heart rate to increase?
I've used the special form of Corcidin for people with high blood pressure. Called "Coricidin HBP," you can get it over-the-counter and for me it helped.
Robitussin is my favorite choice because it doesn't contain any stimulants.