Collapsed Arteries
I had a quadrupple by-pass in 2007 and in April I had a cardio catherization due to a chemical stress test indicating blockage.
After the CC, I was told that I had 2 arteries from the bypass that had collapsed and there was nothing they could do. Dr. said the arteries were dead and couldn't be by-passed since no blood was there.  
I have shortness of breath and other symptons but don't understand how I can still function good with 2 less arteries working.
The Dr. said this happens and the remaining arteries will take on the work load.
Has any one else heard of this or had this happen to them?

JD
It is likely that the 2 vessels which closed were veins ? This is not uncommon and yes, the other vessels can take over the work by opening tiny blood vessels called collaterals. These are like a natural bypass system of the heart. This happened to me in 2007 and my veins lasted 3 months. Some people see them fail right after surgery, some weeks later and some years later.
After what ever knowledge I gained I can say that one should go for bypass only if he is havig pains and going to die immediately. Go on post poning bypass surgery as long as one can manage with medicine in the first place. Then only one may think of stent if not possible with medicine. Commercialization of medical profession has brought many un-wanted bypass surgeries with fear planted by doctor. Take second or third openion from the doctor who is not interested in your money.
Thanks for the comments but I  already had the by-pass and the 2 arteries that collapsed were the veins that they used to bypass the arteries.  There are 4 main heart arteries and 2 of mine are not functioning.  
I was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen.
QUOTE: After the CC, I was told that I had 2 arteries from the bypass that had collapsed and there was nothing they could do. Dr. said the arteries were dead and couldn't be by-passed since no blood was there.

>>>>I agree with nagrajjain unless it is an emergency it may be better not intervene with risky surgery for totally blocked or collapsed vessels. I have had a totally blocked LAD for may years without any problems (collateral bypass).

I have the following link in my favorite storage category that may provide a perspectvie.

http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/medicine_health/report-74167.html
Am I confused? did I misinterpret the question? I thought that  jdng has already HAD bypass surgery? and isn't asking if it should be done. I thought the second part to the question was if anyone had experienced this?