Color Doppler Result Reading Conclusion
Would anyone mind explaining these results from my Doppler Conclusions;Mild Mitral and moderate triscupid regurgitation, Increase in aortic jet velocit = 3.7m/sec AVA = 0.9 cm2, mean gradient = 34, PAP=42mmHG.  Moderate aortic sentosis. ( mitral, aortic and triscupid regurgitation) moderate aortic stenosis.  Thank you for your help
We have 4 valves in our hearts. These ensure blood has a direction, and the heart can sufficiently pump blood around the body. The left side of the heart contains the Mitral and Aortic valve. Your report shows Mild Mitral valve leakage (not a concern at the moment, but requires regular interval monitoring). Your Aortic valve is suffering stenosis, (moderate) which is likely to raise concerns with a cardiac surgeon. The leaflets (doors) of the valve will be rigid and likely not open/close properly. This is the exit of the blood from the heart to your body, to feed it with oxygen/nutrients etc.
The right side of your heart consists of the Tricuspid valve and the Pulmonary valve. There is no mention of your pulmonary valve, so this is ok. However, the tricuspid is also moderately leaking. These leakages will make the heart start to try and compensate, by thickening the cardiac muscle, and over time can cause heart failure.
I think your Cardiologist will be considering how much the leaks are affecting your heart and body. If he sees the muscle thickening, then I'm sure he will recommend surgery to rectify the valves. If he leaves you alone, with the muscle thickening, then the valves can be forced out of shape, making them much worse. If he decides to leave them, then I would hope he sees you at intervals of about 6 months, to make sure they are not getting any worse. The jump from moderate to severe has been known to be quite quick.
I am already suffering from high blood pressure. and am on High blood pressure meds.

Thank you  so very much for the info!
Hi there cargo2011,

You can also read up on Barlow's Syndrome.  That is basically when the leaflets of the heartvalves become "floppy" and cause the blood to leak.  When more than 1 valve shows symptoms of leaks, then normally you would be diagnosed with Barlow's and that is a condition that can actually get better with age as your tissue stiffens with the aging process.

The stenosis of the Aortic valve is abnormal and needs to get attended to and checked out annually.

All the best,
Thank you, so very much.  I will be going in for a stress test in a month.