Heart Disease Expert Forum
Concerned
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Concerned

I am a 46 year old male. A year ago my doctor found that my circumflex artery was 100% blocked. Fortunately for me, my heart developed a collateral vein and bypassed the blockage. It's been one year since that scare and I have not followed the diet and excericise that my doctor has recommended for me. What scares me the most is getting on the treadmill and having a heart attack. Really scared to excericise . Not to add
1687176_tn?1321401609
Maintaining a heart healthy diet (< 2 grams of sodium/day, low fat) and regular cardiovascular exercise (20-30 minutes, 4-5 times/week) is extremely important in individuals with known coronary artery disease.  You are of fairly young age with a completely blocked coronary vessel - so keeping up with this strategy will be important to maintain good cardiovascular health.  Exercise will not "cause" a heart attack and is actually a good measure to see if you experience angina or not (which might indicate the need for increasing your medications or re-evaluating your coronary disease).

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank