Heart Disease Expert Forum
Confused About Symptoms and Results
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Confused About Symptoms and Results

Hello,

Thank you in advance for helping!  I am a 30 year old female with Hashimoto's disease.  I have been having heart palps and shortness of breath for some time.........my family Dr. decided to order an echo, chest x-ray, etc.  The results came back and indicate that I have mild aortic stenosis (however all leaflets are intact?) as well as mild MVP with trace regurgitation.  I also wore a holt and had an EKG ---which appeared likely normal on both counts.

I have shortness of breath and pain in my chest periodically, it comes and comes.  It feels like a heavy weight and the palpitations also come and go........sometimes when lying down at night.  Very rarely, exercise seems to both me as well.  This has been going on for some time.  I have not been referred to a cardiologist and was wondering if I should?

Also, are these symptoms related to the conditions above even though they are mild? What do I make of all of this and should there be any treatment?

Thanks!