Heart Disease Expert Forum
Confused
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Confused

I am 28 years old. On March 18 I went to the hospital because of severe heart burn after some heavy drinking a few days before. Doctors performed an EKG just in case. It acutally turned out to be abnormal.  This has actually happened five years ago where the EKG thinks i have Periocaditis but according to my cardiologist  I do not.  They went ahead and performed an echo which showed ejection fraction of 50%, everything normal except for a small area being hypokinetic compared to other segmets.  Cardiologist at the hospital freeked out and told me i could be having a heart attack because my enzimes were also high.  They performed an MRI which showed mild wall motion abonormalities consistent witha cardomyathic process such as myocarditis.  They then decided that i should have a catherder done which showed my blood vessels as being as good as new but according to the cardiologist my ejection fraction was calcutaleted to be 40%.  He told me to come back in a few weeks and he put me on beta blockers, ACE, and digoxin. He also told me this is serious.

I went back to my original cardiologist once i got out of the hospital and 5 weeks later he performed a Thallium Stress test and Echocardiogram which showed my Ejection Fraction to be 55% and 53% respectively.  He told me my heart is 100% normal and disagrees with the other cardiologist and is planning on getting me off the medication within two weeks.  Do you think i should get a third opinion?  Does an ejection fraction fluctuate that much in 5 weeks?  Could it be that I had myocarditis and now its gone? Should i be concerned