Heart Disease Expert Forum
Congestive heart failure?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Congestive heart failure?
My grandmother is 79 yrs. old and about 7 years ago her doctor told her that she had some valve disfunction with her heart, but told her it was no big deal. So once a year she has a echocardiogram. And as far as were told by the doctor everything seems to be okay when she has these. But for the past year now she has been having this cough that no one seems to know whats causing it. (no other symptoms other than complains of drainage) she's had a tube stuck down her throat, been to allergy doctors ect.. My question is could this be heart related and no one is telling us or cant they do that? She read in a book about congestive heart failure and wonders about that, but dont the doctors have to tell you? Thanks for any advice
Cough can be a manifestation of congestive heart failure. An echocardiogram now would be able to tell definitively whether this is the case.
Is she on an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure?  A nagging cough is a side effect for some people taking ACE Inhibitors.
is it possible congestive heart failure occurs in ventricular septal defect in the first month of age ? WHY ?