Heart Disease Expert Forum
Constant Left-side Acute Chest Pain for 4 Months

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I took Adderall (adderrall) (by prescription for ADHD) at a small dose in late April of this year.  I seemed to have been very sensitive to it, and I immediately noticed chest pain around my heart area.  The pain/discomfort from inside my chest in that region has lasted for 4 months.

Since that time, I have had an echo, a treadmill EKG, a chest X-ray, and a general CT scan of the chest.  I was told all of the results were normal.

The pain increases and decreases in intensity.  It gets worse when resting after doing anything intense (like exercise and stress).  Some days it appears to possibly be coming from a different spot, varying about approx 2 inches, however always from where the heart is located.  The pain is unaffected by moving or turning or twisting.  The pain is also unaffected by pressing or pushing on the area.

My history:
I have Mitral Valve Prolapse, and I have the associated Dysautonomia syndrome with it (diagnosed in 2005).  I'm very sensitive to medications and their effects.

Questions:
Is there ANYTHING that this could be coming from that the tests might have missed?  Is there any treatment that we should try?
The adderal by causing increase blood pressure may be worsening your valvular heart disease by causing an increase in your blood pressure and increasing the regurgitant fraction. I would suggest a stress echocardiogram to document any worsening int he mitral valve disease/ regurgitation.