Heart Disease Expert Forum
Constant burning and tightness left side of chest.

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have had for the past 8 mths a constant  24/7 no breaks whatsoever, burning, tightness in my chest on the left side, the burning is so intense,  also I feel my heart beating hard not fast every waking moment, heartbeat is normal about 60 to 70 bpm.  and almost like its vibrating (i know this sounds wierd) all the time, also feels hard to breath at times almost a choking feeling, had several ekgs in the past, blood work in April  a ct scan (pulmonary) in March  a echo and nuc. stress test 8 mths ago all was good. I take lisinoprol 20mg  once a day, and clonidine 0.1 mg twice a day  BP is good average about 115/70. The burning and tightness is getting worse as the days go by the last 3 mths have been so bad and I dont know what it could be its driving me crazy,  any advice would be great. It is so uncomfortable and is affecting my everyday life. If you have any advice I would appreciate it so much. Thanks
Hi Sunshine,

I had the burning in my chest like what you are saying. I started taking 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a 1/4 glass of water and within a few days the burning went away. I did this a couple times a day and I still do if I feel acid or a tighness coming.
I'll try that but I have so many other symptoms its just scaring me so much..i cant figure out why it never goes away...it is super intense right now it is now starting to stress me out and thats not gonna make it any better..Thank You and ill let ya know if if helps...it doesnt feel like heartburn or anything like that but ya never know....did you have it constantly this has been going on forever...
Given the type of pain and the characteristics, and especially since you have had negative stress test and echocardiograms, I suggest that you seek Gastroenterology evaluation. This sounds as if you have GERD, or a peptic ulcer even. I would start by trying some antacids, or a PPI such as prilosec. If this fails to improve your symptoms then an EGD may be in order.
Thank You, I just saw my cardio. yesterday and they did yet another EKG and she says this one was abnormal, she said my heartrate was high and that could be the reason for this as I was very nervous but because of that she ordered a Cardiac Cath. for tomorrow morning its amazes me that after 8 mths of complaining I found a Dr who is concerned...Im scared of this test I asked her if I should go to a Gastro. first she said know because of my EKG she wants the heart test....Thanks again Ill let you know the outcome..
Got my prescription of nitro. took one no help, waited about 10 minutes took another nothing i would think if I had a blockage this would help. Am I wrong??? Im very confused on what to do this is such a strange sensation in my left chest.
I had the EXACT same symptoms- the culprit... Lisinopril.
I spent 20,000(insurance co.) looking for a diagnosis. It was the worst 3 years of my life.
Hi Sunshine, I've been having very similar symptoms to yours and have had multiple stress tests done including two nuclear which have come back negative. I was wondering if you ever got the cath done and if yes what was the outcome/diagnosis?