Heart Disease Expert Forum
Coping with heart failure - ejection fraction 35
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Coping with heart failure - ejection fraction 35

I am a 46 year old woman who is scared to death about dying. 3 years ago I was at 20% ejection fraction, but it got better when Iost 45 lbs (50%).  But it's back. Do I lay in bed Hoping to get better or do I resume my usual life. Low sodium diet, more coreg, no muscle relaxers. I'm confused. Any suggestions?  Where do I find peace with myself.
4612161_tn?1357167128
It can be difficult to emotionally cope with heart failure, however you are taking the right steps by taking care of yourself, trying to lose weight, watching your sodium and taking your medications.  You certainly do not need to lay in bed all day unless you have been advised to have bed rest for some reason by your physician.  You should make an appointment to see your cardiologist to discuss these issues.  Heart failure is a chronic disease and many people can live a long time with this disease, but the key is close followup with your physician and taking care of your personal health.  Monitor your sodium, continue to exercise, and monitor your weight for water retension.  Take all your prescribed medications every day unless your physician advises you otherwise.  Your physician may want to take further steps in terms of your heart failure treatment so it is best to discuss this with him/her soon.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank