Heart Disease Expert Forum
Coreg

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Coreg
Posted By Jan on April 20, 1999 at 20:15:27
I was diagnosed with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy 2 years ago.  I took  25 mg of coreg twice a day and my ef went from 15% to 63% in 1&1/2 years.  My bp and heart rate were very low and I spent about 1/2 of each day laying down because of weakness and dizziness.  My doctors took me off coreg for 3 days to see if it was side effects from the meds.  I experienced increased energy and a clear mind for the first time in 2 years.  Now I am taking 6.5 mg in the a.m. and 12.5 mg at bedtime.  I am tolerating this pretty well, my heart rate is in the 50's & low 60's.  I think I am at least partially beta blocked however, I am wondering what the minimum effective dosage is for coreg?  I sure don't want to lose my gains.  The heart transplant team doctors tell me I will most likely go back to an ef similar to what I started with if I go completely off coreg.  Is that what you are finding at the Cleveland Clinic? Thank you, Jan.  

Follow Ups:

Re: Coreg CCF CARDIO MD-APS 4/24/1999
(0)

Re: Coreg Jean Cmiel 4/22/1999
(1)

Coreg CCF CARDIO MD-APS 4/24/1999
(0)

Re: Coreg Jean Cmiel 4/22/1999
(2)

Coreg Jan 4/22/1999
(1)

Re: Coreg Jan 4/23/1999
(0)