Heart Disease Expert Forum
Coronary Artery Small
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Coronary Artery Small

I am female, 42, diabetic and have high blood pressure. I take ACE Inhib, Beta Blocker, and Calcium channel blocker.  My BP now averages 140/85 - better than it's been. I was experiencing some shortness of breath so I went to a cardiologist - My heart and kidneys checked out fine - during my cardiac cath, the doctor noticed that I have a large, clear blood supply system from my right coronary artery to the whole heart. If fact he said that it probably was supplying 95% of the blood supply to my heart.  The left coronary artery is very small with only a few branches.  My question, is there any danger in having vertually only one main coronary artery?  My doctors here don't seem to be worried.  

Thanks!