Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cost of pacemaker

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Cost of pacemaker
Posted By  CCF CARDIO MD-APS on December 02, 1997 at 10:05:29:

In Reply to: Cost of pacemaker posted by R. Connair on November 23, 1997 at 17:57:18:

: For a school project, I need to find out how much a pacemaker costs.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

Dear R.Connair,
     In regards to the cost of a pacemaker, there are many varialbles to include the type
or style, the number and kind of leads used, the institution where the pacemaker is placed
and the indication or disease for which it is implanted.  There are no quotes at this institution
however I can surmise the cost might range from 15,000.00 to 50,000.00 which of course includes
the cost of hospitalization, implantation, and the device itself.  Furthermore this web site is
designed for people who have questions about cardiac disease, it is not an informational forum
designed as a reference for projects, paper writing, etc.  Please refrain from non medically oriented
questions.