Coughing during sex
My problem is similar to the previous poster. I am 68 yrs old with the usual middle age problems. Controlled diabetes, controlled high blood pressure, acid reflux and heart disease. I went to the doctor with this problem 2 years ago. He order a stress test which I failed. 4 stents later I was pronounced cured. Unfortunately, this symptom persists. As I near orgasm it feels as though I am getting fluid in my lungs and begin coughing up very thin clear mucus. This can continue for up to 1/2 hr. My breathing is fine but it is a very unpleasaant experience. My GP is stumped. I have found that if I sit up rather than being on my back, the reaction is greatly reduced. I havw suspected that it has something to do with the vagus nerve because I now pass my stress test and have always been able to do cardio stress stuff without a problem. Seeing as how the previous poster's note is 10 yrs old I thought I'd check and see if there has been any progress in this area.  

This discussion is related to Coughing/Gagging connected to sexual intercourse.
I am a 33 year old female and just exerienced this for the first time recently.  I have no diagnosed heart issues or anything else.  The only thing I am being treated for is environmental allergoes.  
I think it scared my husband and confused the both of us.  I was thinking I was abnormal because I had never heard of this happening.  I guess I am relieved to know that I am not alone, but I still fel a sens of confusion.  Any info. on this subject would be helpful.
My husband has experienced this but it is due to his hiatal hernia and acid reflux.
First off, I hope I can still have sex at 68, so bravo.  I had a similar issue with a cough during certain activities and that time I did have sex.  I also woke up with fluid in my lungs that made a gurgling sound.  After two years of every pulminary test you can think of it turned out to me my mitral valve leaking.  I got the surgery and it has cleard up.