Heart Disease Expert Forum
Could I have coronary artery spasms?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could I have coronary artery spasms?

Hi, I am a female 25 years old - had a baby 7 months ago.  Since the beginning of September, I have had chest pain that moves around but stays mostly on my left side.  It also moves to my left arm, shoulder and jaw.  I also have indigestion/burping and some shortness of breath.  I have had a chest x-ray, CT scan of chest, 9 EKGs, Thallium stress test, echo and all came back normal.  I've even been to ER and had EKG monitor for 5 hours - normal and normal cardio work up.  My BP is very low - usually 100/55 and my HDL is 54 and my LDL is 71.  I have no family history of heart disease and I'm in good shape and not overweight. I have had anxiety in the past - on prozac and ativan but this is the longest I've ever worried about somethign and had real symptoms for.  My regular MD, cardiologist, and gastro tell me its not my heart.  I just don't know.  My gastro did upper endoscopy and said I have gastritis but I don't think that would cause chest pain.  He said that doesn't test for GERD but he thinks I have it.  I do burp an awful lot and can't eat much lately. He has given me 40 mg nexium - been taking for 2 weeks. My questions are...
1. Is it possible for me to be having coronary artery spasms(I hear they can happen to anyone)?
2. Could that cause a heart attack in someone so young?
3. Would my tests have showed anything?
4. What tests should I press for?
5. Do you think it is just GERD or gastritis?
6. Can that cause the chest pain?
I would really appreciate your input!!!
Thank you so much!