Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cracking Chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Cracking Chest

I have two questions that i am wondering about:

1- At times I get a tight feeling in my chest and the only way to relieve this tightness is to crack it by moving my shoulders back and forth.  I do have other Heart problems (a large burden of PVC's and possilbe ARVC or RVOT VT)  and am wondering if this could possibly be connected to any of these issues?

2- At times when i wake from my sleep, i feel as though my heart is "fluttering", but when i take my pulse it seems normal.  Any idea as to what this could be from?

Thanks for your time and services.
Answer to 1: Chest pain that is relieved by positional changes or cracking of the joints is unlikely to be related to the heart itself, but more likely related to joints, gas, GERD, etc.
Answer to 2: It is possible to be in a fast atrial rhythm and still have a normal pulse, because the AV node can block out some of the faster beats. If this occurs frequently I would advise you to get  an event monitor to see what if any arrhythmia is causing these feelings.