Danger of low pulse rate
My physician knows my blood pressure, and, I assume, my low pulse rate which I have recently read as 40 in a normal day.  However,I have recently returned to surprise woozyness that feels like it might turn into dizziness and fainting.  My normal blood pressure seems to be about 136-138 over 86-90 and I take Lisinopril 10 mg daily.  In the past few weeks--as I have reported to my physican--my energy level is gone and my ability to go upstairs and hills is dwindling.  I weigh about 250 and am 69 yrs of age with no previous cancer,surgery,etc and had a full workup with a cardiologist about 1 1/2 yrs ago with no visible problems.  I just now have a blood pressure gauge after an 11 pm scare with 2 hrs of woozyness/dizziness.  Do I need to pursue the low pulse rate vigorously with my physicians??

This discussion is related to Consistant low pulse rate.
YES!  That is way to low for you, and your BP is still high.  If your doctor won't take you seriously, find one who will.
In response to my questions about my low pulse rate, I and my family finally took it upon ourselves to go to ER, since my physician apparently did not take this seriously, and I was admitted immediately when they diagnosed a Third Degree Heart Block and my cardiologist seen 2 years before had me scheduled for a pacemaker the next day. Am up and doing much better with a normal pulse and tiredness gone and no lightheadedness.  Lucky me!  I would recommend anyone to take these same steps--better safe than sorry!!
What you have is called bradycardia. When it doesn't bother a person (that is, the person doesn't notice any particular symptoms except for the slow heart rate), then it doesn't matter. But yours is causing trouble and concern. See a cardiologist. And if you are on statins, consider the possibility that they are causing the problem. They caused mine! And if you wonder about the statin/heart problem connection look at the patent Merck took out June 12, 1990 #4.933,165 where Merck says "A pharmaceutical composition and method of counteracting HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor-associated myopathy is disclosed. The method comprises the adjunct administration of an effect amount of a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor..." so Merck here admits to heart damage from statins and to knowing how to prevent it, but they never made the pill and don't intend to. They are sitting on the patent.) But don't get off the statin cold turkey: you could have rebound effect and really wind up in "hot water," so to speak. Talk to your doctor.