Depression after heart attack, angioplasty and stenting
I was told that after my heart attack, mild depression might impact me a bit. One month to five months later and last for some time. What can one do to prevent depression from setting in? Meds? Therapy? What? Any suggestions?
It doesnt affect everyone and not in the same way. I think I was depressed for about a month until my knowledge grew sufficiently to understand what I was dealing with and accepting it. Once you realise it isn't the end of everything, and accept it, the depression seems to become a thing of the past. Some people never accept it and worry non stop, always listening to their heart and depression follows.
Whether you experience depression may depend on how active and outgoing you may be.  Having had a heart attack should not necessarily place any major limits on your activity. I didn't experience any depression subsequent to my congested heart failure due to an aschemic heart attack.  You should be able to fit back into your life style as before the heart attack. If there is depression, medication is an option, and stay active.

It is not a given you will, or anyone else will have depression subsequent to the medical procedures.

thanks for feedback. i am normally happy go lucky goofball with head in clouds, never depressed in life for more than 4.5 minutes at a time....i feel wonder full now....thanks

danny bloom [1949-2009]
Thanks for the feedback.  You have a healthy attitude and that is important.
I also took my emotional pain and turned it around and wrote a humorous country western song called "My Stented Heart" and asked a cowboy in Texas to record for me at his home studio, and he did, for a small fee, his side job, and the result is this song and mp3 which you can listen to here and don't laugh. Okay, laugh. I am convinced LAUGHTER is the best medicine....or one of the good potions, after my trusty, non-rusty stent that is.... SMILE

danny
http://amafubme.blogspot.com
how can i hear your songsong