Heart Disease Expert Forum
Diastolic Dysfuntion W/ pulmonary Hypertension.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diastolic Dysfuntion W/ pulmonary Hypertension.

I have recently been told that I have Diastolic Dysfunction which has caused Pulmonary Venus Hypertension. My question is what can I do to improve and get my pressure back with in normal?
The most important thing is blood pressure control. Having elevated systemic blood pressure causes hypertrophy (thickening) of the heart muscle, which impairs relaxation and causes it to be more stiff. As a result, when blood flows from the left atrium (upper chamber) to the left ventricle (lower chamber), it sees higher pressure that is transmitted to the pulmonary veins. So, make sure your blood pressure is well controlled (less than 130/80), Also, maintaining a good fluid balance is important, so decrease salt intake, restrict fluid intake to 2 liters per day, and you may even need a diuretic to help keep fluid off (some meds double as blood pressure meds and fluid pills).
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity