Aa
A
A
Close
Diet Pepsi or Cola & LDL Cholestrol
My friend suffers from LDL Cholestrol problem ... he is diet pepsi addict ... is that dangerous??
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
367994 tn?1304957193
Diet pepsi does not contain cholesterol so from that standpoint it wouldn't be harmful.
But excessive drinking of Pepsi can erode tooth enamel. Diet Pepsi does not contain   ascorbic acid or erythorbic acid so there may not be dental risk.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
875426 tn?1325532016
I heard recently that soda can rob calcium from your bones.  I've also heard that soda is actually dehydrating.  And if he is drinking multiple diet pepsis with caffeine, this can increase his risk of hypertension.  

Sugar can lead to plaque formation in blood vessels, but diet pepsi has aspartame.  Your boyfriend should be looking at his intake of saturated fats, trans fats, partially & fully hydrogenated oils and sugar and trying to cut those things way down.  Also, he will want to increase his exercise (if he's not getting enough) to try to bring up his HDL, which is supposed to fight the bad LDL.

Some people naturally have higher levels of cholesterol- it can be hereditary, where their own bodies make large amounts of it.  He'll want to talk to his doctor if diet and exercise are not bringing his LDL in check.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands