Heart Disease Expert Forum
Different symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Different symptoms

Hi All,

Never done something like this but here goes! In February I woke up one morning and felt very funny (sore chest), I got out of bed and immediately fell to the floor as I couldn't breathe, arms were shaking and chest hurt so much. Ambulance came and was told it was a panic attack .
I accepted this although I am not feeling anxious at all, I have a happy life and no concerns about anything. I also went to the GP, had an ECG, Blood tests and they back as normal. Also had an MRI on my spine as Doctor thought my chest pain  was linked to a trapped nerve in my back but it came back normal.
Anyway nearly 4 months on I feel awful still, as soon as I wake up in the morning! I'm always tired, arms have a mind of their own - they will go numb, I will have sharp pains in them, I still have chest pains although they are not as bad, I have the worse headaches I have ever experienced in my life, hot flushes, feel like my throat is tight that I can't swallow anything, I can't breathe sometimes which makes me panic.
It all comes out of the blue, I will be very happy watching tv, drinking and then suddenly a whirlwind of symptons will come apon me.
I really have never fekt so badly in my life and it is starting to just effect everything in my life - my work, my relationships with family/friends/boyfriend.
I just don't know what else to do. All i know is that I don't feel anxious and i'm worried about it being dismissed as this!

Any help would be appreciated

You have had a host of symptoms that affect various parts of your body without any abnormalities seen on ECG, or blood work. Of course it is impossible to diagnose any health problems over the internet. The best advice I can give you is to discuss your symptoms with your internal medicine physician or general physician. Perhaps with a good history, physical exam, and some thoughtful testing, they can get to the bottom of your symptoms.