Heart Disease Expert Forum
Difficult to control HBP
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Difficult to control HBP

I am 46 and have had problems controlling my blood pressure since my early 30's. I am female and moderately overweight now, but was not overweight in my 20's or 30's. I also had problems with my blood pressure during pregnancies and after deliveries. I had toxemia during my first pregnancy at age 23 and it took months before my blood pressure was back to normal after delivering full term twins. I have been on several different bp medications and none have really worked for any length of time, even combinations of bp meds (thyazide, beta blocker, ace inhibitor). I have mild lvh. How long can I go on like this without having serious problems? My blood pressure readings at home and in the doctor's office are 140/90 to 184/108 depending on the day. I do exercise and eat a healthy diet. I also have NCS and IST and take sotalol to control my heart rate. Thanks