Heart Disease Expert Forum
Digoxin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Digoxin
I took Digoxin for a number of years in reponse to an atrial fibrillation event.  My new physician did not feel I needed to be on it any longer.  What are the side effects of discontinuing this medication?  I have been off it for several months and some odd changes in my body.

Thank you,
Digoxin is a medication which is used for heart rate control in atrial fibrillation, It has been shown to keep people out of the hospital successfully, but has never been shown to decrease mortality. So if yous top taking it you may have worsening heart rate control, palpitations, possibly pass out (syncope), and could develop a breathlessness or even a cardiomyopathy. Speak to your cardiologist about the reasons why you want to spot this medication.
Can't ya there.I'm on so many Meds and even have a ICD Plus on DIOGXIN
My internest recommended that I discontinue the medication Digoxin.  I am just wondering what side effects that action has.  
A related discussion, My mother iwas currently placed on Digoxin. was started.