Dilated Left Ventricle
I am a 31 year old male, 5'11'', 219 lbs.  3 weeks ago, in the early morning, I took myself to the ER with chest pains and shortness of breath.  This was after a 3 day weekend of heavy alcohol consumption.  Once at the hospital an EKG was done, blood work was done, and a cardiac scan ("rest test") was done.  All tests came back normal and the ER doctor told me it was either GERD or anxiety.  The next day, a friend who works at the hospital called and urged me to follow up with a primary physician because the results from my cardiac scan read "markedly dilated left ventricle."  This is not something the ER doctor shared with me while I was in the hospital.  I made an appointment with a primary physician, who had my records, and again, did not bring up the dilated left ventricle.  I asked her about it at the end of the appointment and she said if I wanted to get an echocardiogram I could, but that they were very expensive and she didn't see it as being immediately necessary.  The cardiac scan results also said there was no thickening of the walls and my ejection fraction was at 63%.  My question is shouldn't I be concerned that my left ventricle is dilated even if my LVEF is normal?  Even if the walls are of normal thickness?  Is this considered left ventricle hypertrophy even if my heart is functioning normally and shows no sign of damage?  My anxiety is through the roof and everyday since this has happened I feel that my heart is not beating properly, either too fast or irregularly.  I'm afraid to exercise now and I used to exercise 4 times a week.  The only other things I can think of is that I had a low resting heart rate when in the ER and my blood work showed a low platelet count, which I am getting tested again in a couple of months.  I don't know what I should do next.  Should I be concerned?  Should I be scheduling an echo?  I just find it strange that neither doctor I've seen has shown any concern about the left ventricle of my heart being "markedly dilated."  Please provide me with any information you can.  
Unless your friend has an M.D. after their name, you should go with your doctor. If you have questions, ask your doctor and not a friend. These tests are all subject to interpretation by a medical professional as many are initially interpreted by computer which is often wrong. It takes a qualified  medical professional to interpret a report, but anyone can read what the computer puts on the top.

Call your doctor for some reassurance. FYI, it is very irresponsible of your friend to be looking at your test reports and over ruling a doctor.

Jon
Thanks for the reply Jon.  My friend is a medical professional, she works in the cath lab, but no she is not a doctor.  I've thought since the day this happened that if she wouldn't have read my results and called me, would the doctors have called me?  No, probably not.  Thanks for reminding of that.