Dilated Right Ventricle/PH/ but, no lung issues
I'm 46, Female, have been healthy all my life except for the ever present battle of the bulge..but, my cholesterol..excellent, blood pressure excellent (109/62 just the other day),  no diabetes or pre diabetes...

However, last year I had what I thought was possible a heart attack, sweating, nausea, trouble breathing, felt like someone was sitting on my chest...well, they did a very thorough exam including an echo...so, the echo shows a dilated right ventricle...which they follow up with another echo in dec and it shows the same thing...since then, I've had the million dollar work up with nuclear scans, vq scans, PFT testing, cardiac MRI, venus scans...and I'm about to have a cardiac cath.

My lungs are great (I never smoked), no sleep apnea, my left ventricle is good...no blockages..(I eat healthy more often than not), no blood clots in my lungs or my legs...my rv pressures and the PH is considered mild at this point...

As I understand it, they've figured out that the PH is being caused by the heart, but, what they don't know is why I have dilated a right ventricle...

Any other ideas to look for?

I keep hoping they find some simple issue that can be fixed easily which will stop this in it's tracks...I'm young, I have young children, happily married and want to be around...

Right ventricular enlargement is commonly associated with any form of right ventricular outflow obstruction (such as pulmonary valve stenosis...narrowing) or pulmonary hypertension.

The following is my understanding of RV enlargement. The right ventricle pumps blood returning from the body into the pulmonary arteries to the lungs to receive oxygen. The pressures in the lung arteries (pulmonary arteries) are normally significantly lower than the pressures in the systemic circulation. When pressure in the pulmonary circulation becomes abnormally elevated, it is referred to as pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary artery hypertension, or PAH. The RV is pumping against higher than normal resistance and working harder.

Pulmonary hypertension generally results from constriction, or stiffening, of the pulmonary arteries that supply blood to the lungs. Consequently, it becomes more difficult for the heart to pump blood forward through the lungs. This stress on the heart leads to enlargement of the right heart and eventually fluid can build up in the liver and other tissues, such as the in the legs.