Heart Disease Expert Forum
Discrete hypokinesis of the anterior septum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Discrete hypokinesis of the anterior septum

I recently had a Stress Echo because I had bad chest pressure, right shoulder pain & light headedness.  I also feel as if my heart sometimes quivers or gurgles & that I can't get a deep enough breath.  

Here are the findings...

LEFT VENTRICLE
The left ventricle is normal in size.
Left ventricular systolic function is normal.
Wall Motion:
Rest: The mid anteroseptal segment is mildly hypokinetic. All remaining scored
segments are normal.
Stress: The mid anteroseptal segment is mildly hypokinetic. All remaining scored
segments are normal.
The left atrial cavity is normal in size.

MITRAL VALVE
There is trivial mitral valve regurgitation.

TRICUSPID VALVE
There is trivial tricuspid valve regurgitation.

Can you help me understand & should I be concerned?

Thanks!
1495448_tn?1326846430
Thanks for your question.  Isolated anteroseptal hypokinesis (slightly decreased squeezing of the wall of the heart) would be difficult to explain by coronary disease alone.  A blockage in one of your major heart arteries should cause a different pattern of hypokinesis.  However, if you get symptoms with exertion and got them during the stress test, it might be worth evaluating further with a cardiac catheterization.  Discuss the results with your cardiologist and come up with a plan.  Best of luck to you!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank