Heart Disease Expert Forum
Dizziness and chest discomfort

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Dizziness and chest discomfort

When I lay on my back I have discomfort in my middle to left side and more discomfort when breathing. My discomfort in my chest is constant.  I have a consistent upper back ache and pain that is worse at times. Sometimes aching chest when taking a deep breath. I persistently get waves of dizziness at least a few times a day. I get random thumps or feelings of fluids rushing in left arm, inner thighs, neck, chest, left foot. Back of neck occasionally aches and sometimes I feel fluid draining from one spot of the neck at the spine to another if I tilt my head in a certain position. I also get random drops of hearing or ringing in the ears, usually more so in one ear. I feel weak and faint sometimes if I try physical labor recently. I only feel the dizziness or other more severe symptons at certain times. The constant chest discomfort and pressure is pretty much always there but worse when I lay on my back or left side. So, because some of the more severe things are intermittent and too short to get to the hospital or doctor in time (I.e. waves of dizziness or feeling faint) I don’t know how to get things like that detected. I have tried to live in denial and try other things to get rid of the dizziness like eating healthy, not drinking alcohol and making sure to eat consistently throughout the day because I have heard that could be hypoglycemia. But the problems still appear at any time of the day. I have visited a couple doctors but I did not tell them all of these things for fear of costs for testing. I really have been hoping I could fix it on my own. I have had blood tests done that look good but if I have a problem that is intermittent I would imagine I may appear and test healthy but still have something wrong. I am at a very unstressful time of my life so I don't think stress is the cause? I'm 26
It sounds as if yo may have a neurological problem, with all of the associated findings, such as dizziness and hearing difficulties. But the chest pain, worse as it is when you lay on the left side may be due to a congenital anomaly ( such as a pericardial cyst), inflammatory problem causing a pericardial effusion. I would suggest that you get an echocardiogram to assess for the presence of an effusion and to evaluate for the presence of any congenital anomalies.