Dizzy & High BP
I am concerned. I was dizzy several times today and when I checked my BP it was 155/100. I have left ventrical hypertrophy, I am 56 and on 4 BP meds, Lipton and exercise regularly. My cardiologist doubled my dosage of atenolol (50 mg)  He said it would increase the heart blood flow. Could this cause the elevated BP and the dizzyness?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of dizziness could be due to postural hypotension, a condition in which the peripheral arteries dilate, leading to pooling of blood in the peripheries. This in effect causes decreased circulation of blood resulting in dizziness/lightheadedness. This is more pronounced if the person stands up from a lying down position. This is detected by recording the blood pressure recordings in the sitting, standing and lying down positions. If the variations in blood pressure recordings are more than 10 mmHg, it is diagnosed as postural hypotension/Orthostatic Hypotension. Please check with your doctor to rule out this condition.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.