Heart Disease Community
Do I have cardiomyopathy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Do I have cardiomyopathy?

Im 31f 115lbs, my father died at 52 after having 3 heart attacks...come to find out he may have experienced my symptoms as well. I've had high blood pressure since I was a teenager and is now regulated, I was treated for Lyme disease in June and seemed to be fine. But from August on I have had bouts with tachycardia(caused my doc to test thyroid,which came back a-ok)I have had shortness of breath, the tachy, extremely hard heartbeat that is hard to breath past?I guess I'd call it air hungry. I feel faint but several times in my life I have passed out for no apparent reason. Sometimes these episodes occur when im busy and other times not. I went to the ER several weeks ago cause i was woke from a sound sleep with the worst headache I've ever had in my whole life, it felt like a bomb went off..i tried to deal with it and couldn't stand it anymore...i had a temp of 102, my bp was 170/105...basically they doped me up,gave me more anibiotics and called it complications of Lyme. They run the basic blood work and urinalysis....no infection, nothing off at all, except a slight elevation in wbc....they attributed that to my stress when i went in. I followed up with doc and he said i was tachy and couldn't hear my heart well because of it...thats when i had the thyroid test done....The next Sunday I had an episode of extreme pressure in my chest like I slept with a cement block on my chest...it didn't really hurt...just pressure, both arms hada funny fuzzy feeling and I was physically weak, I had jaw pain in my left side as if someone had grabbed me there and had their fingers dug in..whats weird is every tooth in my mouth hurt...this went on almost all day and I finally fell asleep exhausted. I got the call from docs office next morning saying my thyroid test came back all good so i used the oppertunity to describe my symptoms....she told me to get my butt to the hospital as I may have had a heart attack. I told her I felt fine but she said go anyway....I did and they did an x-ray to be sure I didn't have pnemonia (pneumonia),i didn't, the er doc said yeah your heartrate does go up  but it goes down again...no bloodwork no nothing. Sent me home with diagnosis of palpitations....more episodes and finally a bout with svt...I was doing 180 even when the emt got there....I was dizzy and felt like i'd explode even while i was lying there....i tried bearing down and all to no avail. They got it down to 160 after they gave me some kind of med iv....when i got to the er lo and behold i got the same doc as before....he was notably irritated to see me but they had to do a heart work up...no heart attack...ya know noone even used a stethescope....literally pushed me out the door. I went to my doc a week later(I've just started with her) and she heard a murmur,seemed ticked at what i'd been through and ordered an echo for the next morning...First there seem o be alot of measurements for the left ventricle...Findings were:normal lv function EF 55%, trace MR and TR, Apex shows thickening consistent focal cardiomyopathy,no valve vegetations seen.
         I realize that the ef is within range and trace findings in valves mean very little,no vegetations mean they see no bacteria growing, but what about the thickening...what does that mean?Is it reasonable for me to assume I have a type of cardiomyopathy?Isn't a little rare to have it localized to the apex? Can this be causing all my problems...even early in life with my passing out? My dad had a murmur too that developed late in life...is it possible it's genetic? I see my doc who is wonderful by the way next tuesday but i can't stand being clueless. Obviously right now she isn't too worried or she would have called me in before the 2 week window since ive seen her last. What kind of testing might i expect? Might I be at a greater risk given my symptoms and history and my dad? I'm so sorry this was so long but I'm looking for others that might have been through this too. Any inut would be appreciated...oh i am also on ace and bb. thanks and have a good day.