Does Cardiomyopathy come back once your EF goes back up
I was diagnoised with cardiomyopathy 2 years ago. Had a pace make put in. and was told I would need a Heart Transplant. My question is my EF has gone up to 45 %. I would like to know if you EF goes back up does this mean your  cardiomyopathy has gone away? If so does it come back?
Whether the heart can return to normal functionality depends on the underlying cause.
Dilated cardiomyopathy is the most common type of cardiomyopathy. In this disorder, your heart's main pumping chamber — the left ventricle — becomes enlarged (dilated), its pumping ability becomes less forceful, and blood doesn't flow as easily through the heart.  I had a dilated left ventricle 6 years ago due to partially blocked arteries and constricted vessels caused the heart to over work and enlarge.  Treatment returned my heart to normal size and EF went from 29% to 59%.  It may go away, and it can come back.
.
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This type involves abnormal growth or thickening of your heart muscle, particularly affecting the muscle of your heart's main pumping chamber. As thickening occurs, the heart tends to stiffen and the size of the pumping chamber may shrink, interfering with your heart's ability to deliver blood to your body. This condition may
not improve.

Restrictive cardiomyopathy. The heart muscle in people with restrictive cardiomyopathy becomes rigid and less elastic, meaning the heart can't properly expand and fill with blood between heartbeats.  It's the least common type of cardiomyopathy and can occur for no known reason (idiopathic). The condition may also be caused by diseases elsewhere in the body that affect the heart.  There may be irreversible damage.
Thank you  for your responce. well I thought things were looking  up, I have been in Heart Failure for a week now and was just  told that my Ef has gone down to 35 %. YUK
Any way thanks for your advice.