Heart Disease Expert Forum
Does an ekg stress test always show an angina condition?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does an ekg stress test always show an angina condition?

My mother is 57 years old.  Her medical record is hypertension, diabetic and high colestrol.  She is taking medication for all the above conditions. Recently she had a stress test and blood work.  I know that the stress test wasn't a nucler, but am not sure of what type blood panels she had taken. I beleive the stress test was an EKG Stress Test.  Nothing showed up.  When ever she is phyically exerted, she begins having chest pain.  It seems to be getting more frequent as time goes on.  The last attack that she had the pain got so bad it ran into her shoulder and down her arm.  When the attacks occur she turns pale, begins breathing rapidly, complains of bad chest pains and breaks out in a cold sweat.  The longest attack she has had lasted approx. 1/2 hour.  It seems that if she feels herself getting an attack she can sit down and keep it from getting to severe.  She has not been diagosed with any type of problem at this time.  When the stress test and blood work showed nothing it didn't seem to be a concern with the doctor any longer.  This woman is really suffering with this problem.  My questions are.  Could she have had a stress test done and nothing show up to make them think angina was present. Could any other type of heart condition slide past this testing.  Her BP started getting high at the end of the testing but upon rest, began to drop normally.  She felt no pain at this time.  I am concerned that because she has little income and no insurance that we aren't getting all the answers.  Don't get me wrong her doctor has been very good to her, however I feel that we might be missing something very important and life threating.  Please any insight into this you could give me would be very helpful.  Thanks so much for your time.