Heart Disease Expert Forum
Does this sound like angina/heart related?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I know this is a difficult question to answer and my husband is scheduled for a treadmill test and echo in 2 weeks.
He is 45yrs and has, in the last month started to get chest pain on exertion. It seems to be relieved with drinking water. It varies in intensity and is sub-sternal or in the upper stomach, doesn't radiate, and lasts a few minutes (up to 10). It can go away with exercise. I mean when we walk up a hill he gets it but as we keep going up the hill it passes. Also he gets it say 5 minutes AFTER lifting something heavy. Last night he had it and I noticed he was sweaty on his brow.

He has visited his GP and his blood pressure is 120/80, his cholesterol is "exemporary", he has never smoked, has no family history, is not diabetic, is normal weight for his height, and is fairly active. He drinks 2-3 bottles of wine a week. His resting EKG was normal. He is not an anxious high stress person (unlike me). His heart rate is steady during a bout and is about 60bpm normally on rest.

I'm worried about him and we definitely will get the tests done to get to the bottom of this but am interested in your thoughts.
His symptoms are a little atypical for angina given that they sometimes improve with exercise and by drinking water, however an exercise stress test would be a good idea as it would assess his functional capacity as well as to see whether his symptoms are reproducible with stress.