Heart Disease Expert Forum
Drinking and High Blood Pressure Meds

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Drinking and High Blood Pressure Meds
My doctor just put me on Carvedilol 3.125MG twice a day. I'm also taking Sular 10 MG once a day. I binge drink on whiskey. Sometimes over a fifth at a time. What would be the interaction between the alcohol and the medication?
There isn't a severe interaction between carvedilol and alcohol, however, the reason why you are taking the medication may be to counteract some of the effects of alcohol on your system such as hypertension and heart failure.  Therefore, by continuing to drink your condition will never improve and you will have to keep taking the meds, even more meds sometimes.
Put the plug in the jug and try AA.  It's a great organization.