Drug induced elevated pulse permanent?
I was taking Elavil for insomnia and I noticed that my resting pulse shot up after an increase in the Elavil. My resting pulse was 55-80 bpm, it increased to 75-112 bpm. When I was at my old doctor's office my pulse was in the 90's and I was very nervous/shakey feeling. My old doctor put me on Toprol (25mg) to correct this problem and told me it was a very low dose.

I have a chronic pain condition (RSD/CRPS) and have to take enough medication with that. I want to wean off the Toprol but am worried about doing it.

My question is this drug induced elevation permanent? I have a new doctor and he acted like my old doctor shouldn't have done anything. I talked to the new doctor about weaning off and he was ok with that but not very reassuring. He seems to think the Adderal is the problem. I have taken the Adderal for a long time and never had this problem.

This discussion is related to What is a normal pulse rate ?.