Heart Disease Community
Dry mouth and heart disease

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Dry mouth and heart disease

Is there any correlation between dry mouth and heart disease?  Over the past couple of months my mouth and throat get so dry I have a hard time swallowing. I do have heart disease and it has been a few years since I was checked due to the fact that I do not have any insurance.  This dry mouth/throat happens day and night so it is hard for me to associate it with anything related to my job or home. It also happens in the car so, again, there is no association that will bring it all together. I was just wondering if the dry mouth could be related to my heart disease and if it is what needs to be done?  Sneaky1551
Check your glucose (blood sugar) levels.
If you cannot afford a test, borrow a glucose meter from a person with diabetes.
All the necessary instructions etc are included with the device which is very accurate.
(You MUST use a new lance)
People with high blood sugar have a number of symptoms....one of which is dry mouth (increased thirst).
I have had my glucose checked, it was 89, which is good. I am going to make an appointment with a physician for next week and maybe he can tell me what is going on. Thank you for your suggestion. Sneaky1551
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
specialmom commented on Individuals with soci...