Heart Disease Expert Forum
Dual diagnosis of arrhythmia and asthma

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Dual diagnosis of arrhythmia and asthma
Posted By Carolyn on February 21, 1999 at 20:13:42:

I've had a medtronic cardioverter implanted, and was taking Toprol, which exacerbated my asthma. (for which I'm taking theophyllin.) Recently, my doctor took me off the Toprol, and started me on Zebeta, and added twice daily doses of inhalent prednisone. I've been told that the only value of Zebeta is to control high blood pressure, which isn't -- and hasn't been -- my problem. I'm breathing a lot better, and am able to walk three miles every morning again, before work. My question is: is the Zebeta stabilizing the arrythmia, or am I just lucky at this moment? Is it worth the risk?