Heart Disease Expert Forum
Dull Heart Ache
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dull Heart Ache

Hi,

Recently on my walk to and from work I have been experiencing what I would describe as a dull ache focused on my heart. I am pretty active and go to spinning classes and the gym 3-5 times a week and have not experienced this pain while exercising there. I'm 23, 12 stone 4 and 5 foot 11. I am an ex smoker, I gave up six months ago after about four stupid years but am very healthy now - eat and exercise well. I have booked in to the doctors but waiting on my appointment. Just want some advice on what it could be while I wait as its got me quite worried as its on the heart. Thanks for the help
1687176_tn?1321401609
Chest discomfort can be caused by a variety of things including issues with the lungs, heart, gastrointestinal system, or from issues arising from the surrounding skin, muscles, bones, and nerves.  If you are experiencing these symptoms predominantly when you are exerting yourself, it is always good to be evaluated by a physician where a complete history and physical examination can be performed.  Other diagnostic tests can also be performed at that time including an ECG and blood work. Your relatively young age would make coronary disease somewhat unusual; however, cannot be excluded just by a report of your symptoms alone.  I encourage you continue your abstinence from tobacco use as this is a preventable risk factor for coronary disease.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank