EBT Scan
Thanks for answering my question. I recently had a EBT scan done and my overall score was 80. The 3 Main Arteries had scores of zero. However in my Left Circumflex Artery was where all my calcium showed in one area. My doctor referred me to a cardiologist for the possibility of a dye stress test. I am 51 my health has always been good except for Acid Reflux and my chlosterol has always been good. I walk on a treadmill 5 times a week for 50 minutes at a time which equals 3 .10 miles. I play basketball twice a week for 50 minutes. During exercise I expierence no pain.

Do you agree with my personal doctors assesment and is  a stress test with dye the right course of action ?  Also can I continue my normal exercise rourtine ?
If you don't have any symptoms, why has the doctor having cardio/vascular tests done?  The EBT does not directly indicate whether there are significant blockages in the coronary arteries. What it does reveal  with a high degree of accuracy, is whether the coronary arteries contain deposits of calcium.  I have/had a CT scan, it provides a calcium score and 80 is not medcially significant.  I had a total of all 4 major coronary arteries of over 1000.

Usually, when there is chest pain that may be related to blocked cornary arteries there is a stress test to view blood flow at rest and when there is activity.  A stress test may have been appropriate if there is a belief of possible blockage.  Do you have a family history that puts you at a high risk? That seems the only justification for EBT and now a stress test, otherwise and to be blunt,  it doesn/t make sense based on the information you have provided.

If you have any further information or questions, you are welcome to respond.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Take care.