ECG and blood test rule out heart problems?
I had some symptoms of cardiac problems and i'm 16
The paramedics said the ECG might have been slightly abnormal and took me to hospital for precaution, the doctors didn't seem worried by the ECG and said the paramedics thought the T wave was just a bit high because i was 16 and skinny then did a blood test anyway which came back fine.
Because they didn't diagnose anything from the ECG and the blood test was fine can i relax now about having any heart problems? My anxiety is really bad and i really hope the doctors didn't miss anything wrong
The T wave can sometimes be higher in younger people, or at least that's what my cardiologist said, but it could also be caused by something else (LVH). EKG and blood test isn't a really thorough work up, but they can exclude certain condition. You'd need an echo if you want to be really thorough, and a stress test.
thanks , my chest pain seems to be getting better now do you think there is any need for further testing?