Heart Disease Community
ECG results

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ECG results

I have been having a lot of different medical problems in the last couple of years. The latest was about 3 months ago I started have lots of pain in left side of neck, headaches, dizziness, I am anemic, doublevision, blurry vision.  My eye doctor sent me to neurologist, neurologist sent me to heart doctor to have ECG done.  Conclusions are:  1-Mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy observed, 2-Abnormal left ventricular diastolic function is observed, 3-the left atrium is moderately dilated, 4-the right atrium is mild to moderately dilated, 5-there is mild mitral regurgitation, 6-there is trace to mild tricuspid regurgitation. My neurologist was looking for reasons for my TIA last year and recent symptoms similar to TIA.  She says there were no findings that she was looking for.  So, she will send results of ECG to PCP to discuss with me.  I am stressed to the max.  So, am I looking at more problems with my heart now besides a stroke?  Thanks.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The mitral regurgitation can cause the left atrial dilatation and left ventricular hypertrophy. Unless there is atrial fibrillation, pure mitral regurgitation has a low incidence of thromboembolism and hence may not be the cause for the TIA. Hope hypertension has been ruled out, this can cause left ventricular hypertrophy and can also cause TIAs. Therapy for mitral regurgitation depends on the severity of the disease and the clinical symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.